Due to the terrain at Thaba Tholo, it is not possible to self drive to any of our camps (unless in low range 4 wheel drive vehicle and pre-arranged with owners), guests are collected at our pick up points.
Black Leopard Camp is situated just off the R37 Burgersfort & Polokwane road, outside Lydenburg/Mashishing, Mpumulanga.
DIRECTIONS TO PICK UP POINTs
SHADED PARKING AREA (ON THE RESERVe
GPS CO-ORDINATES FOR RESERVE GATE (S 24°57'21.5" E 30°19'37.3")
- All vehicles except low slung sedans and sports cars
- Transfers are done in our open game viewer with trailer and the trip to the lodge takes approximately 20 minutes
- (Please call Alan or Lynsey when entering the bottom gate in citrus valley) Contact: Lynsey 082 692 9665 or Alan 082 465 9570
Once daily pick up time from parking area on the reserve is 14:30
DIRECTIONS TO THABA THOLO RESERVE
(Incorporating Black Leopard Camp, Buffalo Thorn Camp and Ron's Rest)
The reserve entrance is situated just off the R37 Burgersfort & Polokwane road, outside Lydenburg/Mashishing, Mpumulanga.From Gauteng
- Take the N12 to Witbank/eMalahleni, or from Pretoria take the N4 to Witbank/eMalahleni
- Pass Witbank/eMalahleni and keep on the N4 highway, past Middleburg
- Take the Belfast/Dullstroom off ramp and travel through Belfast and turn right at the Total fuel station in Belfast to get on the road to Dullstroom
- Proceed through to Dullstroom and then on to Lydenburg. Please watch out for bad potholes between Dullstroom and Lydenburg. (DO NOT follow the GPS instructions to carry on the N4 via Machadadorp, as this is a much longer route and the road from the N4 to Lydenburg is very rough and filled with massive potholes and in some areas no tar)
- Once you arrive in the town of Mashishing / Lydenburg, you come into town on the main road Viljoen street. Keep on this road to the Caltex and Spar 4 way stop street.
- Pass straight through this stop street. Follow sign boards to Origstad and Burgersfort
- At the Medical Centre 4-way stop street, turn left into Kerk Street
- Follow the signs again to Origstad and Burgersfort
- Follow this street until you come to the Engen garage /Kia Motors 4 way stop street
- Turn right into De Clerq street. This street takes you out of town.
- Once out of town take the first road left (R37) to Polokwane/Burgersfort
- Travel on the R37 for about 35km down the Waterfallsriver pass
- Once on this straight stretch turn left at the very first road on your left (Beetgekraal Road). Please note that this is a dirt road
- Continue on the Beetgekraal road for 3km (Citrus trees on your left)
- Turn left at the silver gate marked LB6 and look out for the BLC/BTC sign
- Enter the gate, passing staff accommodation and travel straight for about 300m until you get to another large silver gate (opposite the silver shed)
- Enter this gate (please CLOSE this gate again) and travel on this twisty turning track until you get to the Thaba Tholo Reserve gate
- Enter the code provided upon booking ensuring that you CLOSE this gate correctly Once through the gate carry on until you get the second road on the right with a sign showing BLC
- Carry on up to the covered parking area by the offloading ramp, where you will be met by your guide/driver.